Experimenting with Cubase

I made a song on Cubase as an experiment. I added a vinyl crackling sound and a low pitched trumpet set at C0 on Midi. I then added a synthesizer to it in which changed and added some drums too. I used this to experiment with the EQ settings on Cubase to see what sounds I could make. I was inspired by Dunkelheit by Burzum, a black metal song which uses synth ambience for a lo-fi sound. I am a big fan of horror movie and game soundtracks too, I love music which incorporates horror elements into the music such as Black Sabbath's debut and Scream Bloody Gore by Death. For an experimental song I can say I'm quite proud of this since Cubase isn't really a strong point in my skillset. I plan on using Cubase more for my own projects as backing tracks for things like my bass and guitar since I don't own a synth or a drum kit. 


Here is the link to the track:

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Guitarists

My Top 15 Favourite Albums